16-bed program for boys ages 11 to 17. Treatment includes:
- A behavioral milieu program integrating individual and group therapy
- Family Counseling
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Special Education
Phase work is completed to progress throughout the program. Kids must be able to reach each Phase for approximately thirty (30) days before advancing to the next Phase.
Phase 1 identifies “why they are here” and understanding rules and expectations of the program.
Phase 2 addresses appropriate interpersonal skills and building positive relationships, describing their personal inventory, and understanding how to live with others.
Phase 3 helps the kids understand how people can change, and identifying personal values and faulty beliefs.
Phase 4 residents are required to develop a PowerPoint presentation discussing what they have learned in the program and how they can apply it to their future goals.
Quest Program Therapy
- Process group which occurs daily allows for kids to discuss their day and any interactions that occurred that day and their reactions to those situations.
- Therapy groups occur 3 or more times weekly and address basic social skills, positive feedback to peers, identifying the components of the anger cycle, and team building exercises.
- Bi-weekly individual therapy sessions include discussing behavioral goals, addressing trauma and planning community reintegration. These sessions may include family members as well. Additional meetings may occur based on the child’s individual needs at any given time.
- Goals group occurs weekly and kids set goals and say encouraging words to one another during this time.
- Writing group provides the kids with an opportunity to journal about life experiences, write letters home, complete homework assignments, and allows them to use creativity to express their thoughts and feelings.
- Community Meeting is a daily group in which kids plan their day and any activities they would like to be a part of and any personal needs they may have with regard to outside contact and personal hygiene supplies.