Medical and Psychiatric Services
NCH currently contracts with a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) to provide psychiatric consulting services for our residential clients. The PMHNP is responsible for diagnostic formulation, treatment consultation and medication management. NCH contracts for pediatric medical consultation on a 24 hour basis by a qualified medical professional through a contract with Catalyst Medial Group.
The Nursing Department provides 70 hours/week on-site medical care, as well as 24 hour on-call medical services for residents. Services include:
- Coordinate medical care with local providers for all yearly physical and vision exams as well as bi-annual dental exams
- Certify that the residents are up-to-date on their immunizations and all yearly exams
- Draw and monitor all laboratory values as ordered by a qualified medical professional
- Meet with the nurse practitioner to coordinate psychiatric care and medication management for residents.
- Offer on-site monitoring of changes in behaviors and results of medication changes
- Ensure that medical record/chart is current and up-to-date, including monthly chart audits and quarterly pharmacy audits
- Make sure that residents receive all prescribed medications and treatments
- Provide medications for all home visits and 30 days-worth of medication for all discharges
- Coordinate with families/caregivers for medication management
- Provide yearly influenza vaccines and Tuberculosis tests for staff and residents